Saturday, October 6, 2007

It was funny on Friday night when Norwich Free Academy receiver Ronnie Floyd ran by and said "See Mr. Allard, keep picking against us."
I now must be looked upon as some good luck charm as I've picked against the Wildcats the last three weeks and they've proven me wrong on all three accounts.
It's not that I don't respect NFA's program, it's just that the foes they've gone up against aren't exactly chopped liver.
East Lyme was coming off a nice win in the first week while the Wildcats just managed to get past Stamford. I had to like the Vikings chances.
The Wildcats just got past a good Plainfield team last week and Friday night could have gone either way as well against Windham.
So, it hasn't been easy and the Wildcats still can improve especially offensively (two dropped TD passes, two stalled drives within the Windham five) but here they are at 4-0.
They will have to forego one lucky charm, however, I will be picking NFA against St. Bernard, I just haven't figured out the score yet.

No comments: