Thursday, July 31, 2008

Raining again in Thompson

Rain and Thursday Night Thunder at Thompson Speedway.
Two things that seem to go together this season.
While I'm sitting and watching the trucks go around and around trying to dry the track and get racing underway,I had a chance to talk to a few Red Sox fans about the trade of Manny Ramirez to the Los Angeles Dodgers earlier this afternoon.
I'm shocked! (Please note: I say this with sarcasm), but I couldn't find anyone who objected to Manny's departure to Chavez Ravine.
"That's beautiful!," Bob Wynn, a Sox fan from Wallingford said. "Now, (Boston) will play like a team and won't play like they have a broken lugnut."
Spoken like a true baseball fan at a race track.
Mike Alberto of Blackstone, Mass. was donned in a Red Sox shirt and cap, but there were no tears visible.
"I think it's a good thing because he wasn't playing up to his potential and the Sox need someone in left field," Alberto said.
I talked to a host of people and couldn't find a one that wanted to see Manny stay.
The other thing they were all in agreement about- they all wanted the rain to leave.

No comments: